Healthy Kids = Happy Students: Tips for cold and flu season
NCSD school nurse Wendy Wilson offers information on keeping your student safe and healthy this cold and flu season.
- Teach children to cough or sneeze into the elbow
- Practice good hand washing
- Throw tissues away after first use; do not keep them in a pocket or backpack
Wash hands immediately after use
- Avoid sharing utensils or direct contact with those who are sick
Here are some things to consider when deciding to keep your student home from school or not:
- Does the child have a fever of 100F or above?
- Is the child vomiting or have diarrhea?
- Does the student have an undiagnosed or unidentified rash?
- Does the student require more care or attention for their illness than staff can give him/her without affecting the health and safety of other children?
Upcoming Family Flu Clinics after-school hours at the Natrona County Health Department. For more information visit Natrona County Public Health Flu Clinics.
*The flu shot is not a required school immunization*