NCHS Traffic and Parking Updates
In an effort to promote a safe campus and enable efficient vehicle traffic at Natrona County High School and in the surrounding neighborhood, the following modifications are being made to the streets and parking lots in and surrounding the NCHS campus:
- Crosswalks are being added on South Spruce Street at the intersections of both 9th and 10th Streets
- For the safety of all please use provided crosswalks.
- Oak Street between 9th and 10th street will become a pedestrian zone with limited access for special needs buses.
- South Oak Street from Collins to 9th street is for bus and emergency vehicle access only
- No pickup & drop off on Collins
- Blocking the entrance to Oak Street from Collins can result in a traffic violation
- There is no on street parking within the NCHS campus; parking is available in the parking lots only.
- A student drop off and pick up zone has been established and is accessed by South Oak Street from CY Ave.
- White painted curb indicates pickup/drop off zones; no parking
- Yellow painted curb indicates thru lane; no stopping or parking
- An additional entrance has been added to the student parking lot along Spruce Street between 9th & 10th Streets
- The speed limit on South Spruce street is 20mph between Collins & CY Avenue
- Traffic and parking laws will be enforced
- Increased awareness and slower speeds should be considered during the ongoing construction phase as students and neighbors are continually adjusting to parking and traffic changes.