Routing an Issue through Problem Solvers
Process for Problem Solvers
Compact Issues Committee changed the Problem Solvers committee from a standard committee that meets monthly to an adhoc committee that meets as needed. Compact Steering is charged with creating a process for forming the adhoc when an issue arises.
The group came to consensus on the following process:
- Leader Group (LG) receives an issue.
- LG reviews the issue to make sure it has a clear focus and determines where to route it for resolution. It can be routed to divisions, standing committees, or Problem Solvers (PS).
- If the issue is routed to PS, LG will set a timeline for resolution.
- LG will define the make-up of the PS adhoc based on the issue at hand. It will determine how many members to include and which stakeholder groups should be included and which resources will be needed.
- Association leaders will appoint and prepare their representatives when called to be part of a PS adhoc.
- A facilitator would serve as a liaison back to LG and could be part of a stakeholder group that is not involved in the problem.
- Communication from any PS decisions or actions is expected to be delivered to all groups, whether the groups were involved in the issue or not.
Work Continues on Compact Language
The annual review of the Compact Language continued in small groups. Once the group comes to a consensus on suggested changes, those changes will go to CIC for final approval.
Due to Professional Development Days, Compact Steering Committee meets at a special time for its next meeting – Feb. 13, 2014 at 4 p.m.
Members Present: Trustee Paula Reid, Ralph Obrey (NCASE), Ted Hanson (NCASE), Mark Mathern (cabinet), Angela Hensley (staff), Coebie Taylor-Logan (NCASE), Amanda Yentes (NCEA), Doreen McGlade (NCEA), Danna Anderson (NCASE), Kathy Sedmak (NCAESS), Connie Brasel (SEIO), Ruth Putnam (NCAESS), Gayle Schnorenberg (NCAESS), Dawn Cummings (recorder/staff), Carol Glasgow (recorder/staff), Shauna VanderLinden (staff), Steve Hopkins (facilitator), Crystal Mueller (cabinet/facilitator)